1. Has been in jail. (My dad threw me in the clink when I was a boy. He's a retired police officer.)
2. Spent his early years in a Mennonite children's home in Red Lake, Ontario.
3. Is a twin. Yes there are two of us. (*grins mischievously)
4. Is fiercely proud of his Ojibway/Norwegian heritage. My great, great, great grandfather sailed across the ocean blue many moons ago.
5. Entered the US without ID.
6. Loves telling tall tales to Douma and Jennifer — they'll believe anything. (This one time in band camp. . .)
7. Has an affinity for bacon and bacon products, like Mr. Bacon's Toothpaste. It "makes your breath Bacon Fresh!"
8. Has two family trees — 'cause one just won't do.
9. Didn't know what an oliebollen was and had to Google it. Thanks Al.
10. Is deathly afraid of those toilets on airplanes. All that noise is quite scary you know.
Aasman is 25! We think that is a fine reason for a party, so last night,… Read more
Have you visited our 25th anniversary art show at Baked Cafe yet? Please do—we’re very proud… Read more
Aasman just turned 25. Celebrations for our anniversary have been dominating life in the office, but… Read more
Like the other day when I was in the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens,… Read more
Self-expression, personality, relationships, communities: collectively these concepts form the foundation of how we live and interact… Read more