1. Has been in jail. (My dad threw me in the clink when I was a boy. He's a retired police officer.)
2. Spent his early years in a Mennonite children's home in Red Lake, Ontario.
3. Is a twin. Yes there are two of us. (*grins mischievously)
4. Is fiercely proud of his Ojibway/Norwegian heritage. My great, great, great grandfather sailed across the ocean blue many moons ago.
5. Entered the US without ID.
6. Loves telling tall tales to Douma and Jennifer — they'll believe anything. (This one time in band camp. . .)
7. Has an affinity for bacon and bacon products, like Mr. Bacon's Toothpaste. It "makes your breath Bacon Fresh!"
8. Has two family trees — 'cause one just won't do.
9. Didn't know what an oliebollen was and had to Google it. Thanks Al.
10. Is deathly afraid of those toilets on airplanes. All that noise is quite scary you know.
Self-expression, personality, relationships, communities: collectively these concepts form the foundation of how we live and interact… Read more
It’s hard to believe that a new year is upon us already, but what a year… Read more
Most of the crew here at aasman enjoy the snow, we’re Yukoners after all. If there’s… Read more
I’ve been telling my friends how amazing the Yukon is for years but hardly anyone comes… Read more
It must be Christmas in the Yukon. The sky outside is still dark, but the town… Read more