Did you read this happy Monday morning news story?

A couple from Dawson City is convinced their lives were saved when their carbon monoxide detector awakened them earlier this month.

In addition to the detector they say they have the Dawson City Fire Department to thank. Last year, the fire department handed out free Carbon Monoxide detectors and encouraged folks to have them installed in their house.

This pair is sure glad did! The “silent killer” is impossible to smell or taste and can be emitted from old appliances or furnaces you may never suspect. In this instance, the increased levels were emitted from an old propane refrigerator. 

We know that these gadgets save lives…so, what's stopping YOU from installing one in your house?

We are proud to have collaborated on some home safety projects with Yukon Housing and Yukon Community services. Check out seriouslysimple.ca for information about carbon monoxide as well as the Fire Marshall's facebook page for more ways to be a hero by making your home safe!


Be the first to comment

Most Read Articles

Taking Advantage of Tourism

With warmer weather comes…tourists. Whether we like it or not, for the next couple of months… Read more

The Lowdown on Slouching

From childhood we are told to “sit up straight” and “stop slouching.” But if slouching is… Read more

The History of the Pencil

Today, we are going to learn about an item that we use everyday but rarely give… Read more

10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Albert

  1. English is my second language. 2. Once a year, I make the world’s best… Read more

Aasman Summer Potluck

Earlier this week, all of the folks at Aasman prepared their favourite dishes, left the office… Read more

Last day for feedback on the Peel Watershed

You've seen it in the newspaper. You've seen it on Facebook, radio, posters, on a stage,… Read more