I started writing a blog today, but decided it didn't like it, then kicked myself for wasting 10 minutes getting started in the wrong direction, and another five minutes searching for a new topic and starting to panic about more important work that needs to get done…. So, today's blog is going to be about Eleanor's to-do list strategy:
- Make a list of everything that needs to get done.
- Do all the fast and easy stuff so that you feel accomplished looking at those checked off boxes.
- Send out any work that requires assistance from other people… and hope it doesn't come back too soon.
- Do a smallish, semi-urgent task that will otherwise pick at the back of your brain all day if you don't do it. (For me, today's blog fits this category.)
- Focus on "the big one" and put on those don't-talk-to-me headphones.
To make it all happen smoothly, keep snacks and vitamins handy, keep your posture in check and smile to yourself because you're great!
What do you do when faced with a busy schedule?