It's been really heart-warming and not at all surprising to read the multitude of comments on Al's blog post. Everyone at aasman is thankful for the kind words, thoughts and gestures. Trevor will be missed by many.
I did a bit of digging in our blog archive and found this nugget. I remember being very charmed and a little surprised by a few items on the list when he handed it over.
10 Things You Probably Don't Know About Trevor Sellars
10 things about Mr. Sellars . . . .
1. Likes to collect and make wind chimes / mobiles of stone and sticks while escaping to a quiet Yukon lake.
2. Has a few string puppets and marionettes but no audience.
3. Loves cooking breakfast for family and friends; dishes are another matter.
4. Once did court room drawings for the Edmonton Journal when then CBC reporter Adrienne Clarkson was testifying at the public inquiry on the Panarctic 737 crash in the NWT.
5. Lead the two agency team that established the new Yukon government visual identity program through 1978 and 1979.
6. Once, as a wandering art student, tried to jump a freight train near Hope, B.C. Fear prevented serious injury.
7. Sold his first (and only) painting at a public art exhibit in Duncan, B.C. when he was in grade 10.
8. Owned a new 1972 Gold Duster with faux alligator skin vinyl roof and white leather interior with bucket seats. It was hot and went very fast. It crashed about a year later.
9. Used to fish for bullheads at Crossland Falls with worms and a single hook.
10. Once was shooting shotguns at dozens of skeets and bottles and stuff with his son-in-law – and missed every one of them. The son-in-law didn’t.
Thanks for being a great boss and a good friend, Trevor. Happy trails.
With warmer weather comes…tourists. Whether we like it or not, for the next couple of months… Read more
From childhood we are told to “sit up straight” and “stop slouching.” But if slouching is… Read more
Today, we are going to learn about an item that we use everyday but rarely give… Read more
1. English is my second language. 2. Once a year, I make the world’s best… Read more
Earlier this week, all of the folks at Aasman prepared their favourite dishes, left the office… Read more